If you have a graduate in the family this Spring, chances are you’re feeling proud. Your family member has accomplished a lot!
But are you proud of your home? Are you ready to host guests and plan a celebration? If the answer is no, don’t panic — there’s still plenty of time to make some changes to your home, big or small!
Here are 7 home improvement tips to consider with your graduation party in mind:
- Open Up Your Space — If hosting a party is on your plate, then having lots of room for guests to sit, stand, and stroll through your home is an important thing. Now might be the right time to take down a wall and open your dining area up into your kitchen.
- Add Extra Seating — Considering adapting your dining area to include a large table with a bench, or maybe putting a built-in “breakfast nook” in the kitchen, complete with bench seating, sure to squeeze in a lot of extra guests enjoying their plate of food!
- Remodel the Kitchen — Ready for a big change? Update the kitchen now with spaciousness and organization in mind. Consider adding or upgrading your kitchen island to make it a party hot-spot. Sneak a peek at these beautiful kitchen islands.
- Update Your Guest Bath — Have grandparents or out-of-town guests coming to stay to celebrate with you? Make their experience as relaxing as possible by updating your guest bathroom and then stocking it with guest-friendly conveniences, like extra toothpaste and luxurious hand towels.
- Add a Screened Porch — The addition of a three-season porch is less expensive than a regular addition because it generally doesn’t include the same invasive heating and plumbing additions. Yet you still gain valuable square footage! A screened porch could provide the covered-space you need at party time and be a beautiful asset to your home in spring, summer, and fall.
- Build Your Dream Deck — If you’ve been waiting for the right time to build that dream deck, the time is now. Decks make the perfect outdoor party space and add a valuable architectural element to your landscape as well. Check out some inspiring deck designs here.
- Design an Outdoor Kitchen — Bring the heart of your home (& all of the cooking prep mess) outdoors! Outdoor kitchens can be as simple or as high-tech as you desire. Most outdoor kitchen spaces center around a grill, with accent amenities that may include a mini refrigerator, food prep counterop, bar sink, or even a wood fired pizza oven. Create a space that suits your home and watch the compliments flow in at party time!
If you’re interested in starting a home remodeling project, get in touch with us here at Andrus Built today! We will walk you through your options and share exciting possibilities. Your home could be transformed this Spring and ready for entertaining in no-time!