Often the bathroom — one of the smallest rooms in the house — can be one of the hardest spaces to manage. From towels and toilet paper to soap and shampoo, a lot of items compete for a little bit of space.
How would you describe your bathroom? Calm, clean, and organized?
If it’s not quite there yet, then making the most of your bathroom storage is one of the best ways to create the calming bathroom retreat you’d like it to become.
Here are three tools to help you maximize your bathroom storage:
1. BASKETS – A simple and artful solution to accomplish some basic organizing quickly. By utilizing a display of storage baskets you can:
- Keep small items organized on open shelves
- Artfully display toilet paper rolls
- Gather towels or washcloths
- Add a look of unity to your organization system even when items are out in the open
2. VANITIES — Vanities come in all shapes and sizes, and can be found in any given style. In addition to the traditional vanity (closed cabinet doors, and sometimes drawers, below your sink), here are two unique vanity options you might want to consider:
- The Open Shelf Vanity — The sleek look of an open vanity (shelves with no doors) will give the illusion of more space. It creates a great opportunity to utilize the fore-mentioned baskets, or position rolled up towels or stacks of other supplies in an attractive and easy-to-access way.
- The Vanity Tower — This cabinet tower that sits on top of your bathroom counter, like an upper cabinet, is a fabulous way to add storage without taking up more floor space. Easily adaptable to your bathroom’s style, vanity towers can feature glass doors, mirrored doors, or open-shelving.
3. CABINETS & BUILT-INS — Looking for a more custom solution for your bathrooms layout? Using cabinetry or built-ins can provide the exact look and storage solutions you need. Here’s why:
- Even the smallest space can accomodate new shelving or cabinetry when built right
- Built-ins can take advantage of filling in hollow spaces behind your dry-wall that might otherwise not get utilized
- Cabinetry will offer you the flexibility of doing a combination of open shelving, closed door cabinets, and drawers that you might not find in a pre-made vanity
For more ideas on maximizing storage in your bathroom, check out these ideas on Houzz!
Looking to add more storage to your bathroom? Considering a bathroom remodel? Connect with Andrus Built today! Serving Saint Paul, Minneapolis, and the East Metro area, we’re ready to talk with you today!