Thanksgiving is upon us and Christmas is not far off! With family festivities galore you don’t need a huge to-do list, but making your guests feel welcomed is worthy of a few little projects. Here are some thoughtful tips for sprucing up the exterior of your home this holiday season that can make a stunning difference! Welcome those guests with style, and make their first impression a great one:
- Add a new coat of paint to your exterior front door, in a color that will compliment your home and bring good cheer your way each day!
- Take a peek at the trim around your front entry area, and if it’s looking weathered, scrape and touch up those areas.
- Make sure your house numbers are highly visible for guests! Consider painting or stenciling them on a large planter for extra visibility and some old-school charm. (You can find some stenciling instructions here).
- Deck out the front planters, adding some real or artificial holly branches or pine boughs to give your home a natural touch for the holidays.
- Test your outside lightbulbs and make sure they work!
- Consider adding new outdoor lighting fixtures with safety and elegance in mind. (find some pretty outdoor lighting layouts here).
- Sweep leaves and debris out of the way and make sure any ice-covered steps or walkways have a healthy dose of salt to keep guests safe.
- Consider adding multiple solar lights (or holiday lights!) to guide your walkway path.
- Select a outdoor-friendly welcome mat that sets the stage for the fun to come.
Your efforts on the outside of your home will make guests feel welcomed from the moment they step foot out of their car, and create anticipation for the enjoyable holiday celebration indoors!